Loretta Kelldorf of Texas sent me 10 beautiful quilts last week. Opening this box was just like Christmas, with quilt after quilt, just stunning – all quilted by Loretta! Some of these tops were pieced by Loretta herself, others pieced by Carolyn Sower and Caroline Nierenberg.
In order of appearance, left to right, from top to bottom, the quilt tops were made by:
- Carolyn Sower. This tumbling block quilt has no inset seams. It’s really beautiful in person, and a technique I’m going to have to try!
- Caroline Nierenberg sent Carolyn Sower a UFO (Unfinished Object) which Carolyn S turned into this beautiful quilt. Loretta’s subtle quilting really finishes it beautifully.
- Carolyn Sower made this lovely batik. This is why I call her the Queen of Scrap Quilts!
- Carolyn Sower also made this great Bourgogne Surround quilt with cookie inspired fabric.
- This cheerful daisy and petunia quilt is another Carolyn Sower creation.
- Loretta made this beautiful floral quilt. This is one of the quilts that will go to Russia for a young lady who is aging out of an orphanage there.
- This green quilt was made by an anonymous donor.
- Loretta made this beautiful crazy quilt. I love the colors!
- Loretta also made this unusual quilt from a collection of rust fabrics.
- This final quilt was another UFO from Caroline Nierenberg, completed by Carolyn Sower.
All these quilts are just beautiful, and Loretta’s quilting added the wonderful finishing touch. Thank you, Loretta, Carolyn and Caroline.