As 2017 draws to a close, we wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and blessings for a fabulous 2018!
We have much to be grateful for in 2017 at Quilts Beyond Borders. We delivered over 2100 quilts to needy children and people this year, with the help of 13 partner organizations around the world, including 1000 quilts to children in Syrian Refugee camps, 500 to needy children and elders in the Navajo Nation, and 120 to HIV-affected and homeless teenagers participating in Camp Heartland.
Other recipients included:
- Children in an orphanage in Haiti;
- Needy newborns in Guatemala;
- Needy children in an Early Education project in Apalachia;
- Children affected by domestic violence in Seattle, Washington;
- Children of needy families in Austin, Texas and Dayton, Ohio;
- Rescued sex-trafficked victims in Baltimore, Maryland;
- A program providing winter shelter for homeless in the New River Valley, Virginia.
We couldn’t have accomplished this without our many supporters, quilters, donors and friends. We are already preparing for more deliveries in 2018!
As we reflect on the many things we are thankful for, the wonderful and generous quilters who give of their time and talent to finish so many wonderful quilts for needy children are at the top of the list! Thank you all, and we wish you all a wonderful Holiday Season!
The Quilts Beyond Borders Team